Top 6 Features an Efficient Indoor Navigation App Should Absolutely Have
Not able to locate important files on your way out of office? Searching for an important dossier? Can’t find the venue for that important conference call? Need to locate a particular outlet in the giant mall? Misplaced the address book for clients?
The time to wander without directions or support in search of a particular corner of the building is over.
Indoor navigations systems in the 21st century have brought the blue prints of your casual haunts at your fingertips and inside your phone, no less.
It is common knowledge that your traditional GPS fails to keep up once you enter an edifice and this is where the indoor navigational facility can help you to get your bearings right.
When we talk of an indoor positioning system (IPS), we think about a packaged bundle which is utilized to perceive and pin down things or entities inside an edifice by bringing into use radio waves, magnetic fields, auditory indicators, or other intellectual statistics accumulated by mobile communication devices.
There are several commercial systems on the market to avail location services for specific units inside a building but as of now, there is no such standardized IPS system. It is not one specific technology, rather the utilization of an array of diverse technologies are brought into play.
Right from audile surge detection to magnetic setting to Wi-Fi admittance, various applied techniques are brought into use to help triangulate the precise location of the article which is required.
The fundamental features as well as advanced traits associated with this technology are enough to awe your senses into well-deserved admiration. Here we take a look at a few of them:
1. IPS systems provide unfettered access to the floor plans of a building after preliminary loading and downloading which requires a one-time internet access. Instead of using the GPS which is anyway not available upon entering a structure, the IPS uses the phone’s own sensors to gather spatial data in order to provide turn-by-turn navigation and also identify various resident items in their accurately mapped locations.
2. The system also utilizes the phone’s camera lens to get the visual inputs of various internal landmarks and processes them with the optical and graphical algorithms loaded onto the device via the app. Various sensors like the accelerometer, the gyro meter, and the proximity sensors jump in at this point and provide precise data vis-à-vis the exact movements of the user in real time.
3. The app also makes it a point to identify the user via unique user impressions and body language patterns so as to decipher and adjust various informational and operational data with respect to the physical dimensions and movement configurations of the user, providing impeccable data in synchronization with increased productivity.
4. In many cases, computer aided designs and photographic optical scans are used by the indoor positioning system to construct 3D models of the corridors and the rooms which help you to find your way while also regularly updating its own database on the go. Users can opt for a 360 degree view or a partial but magnified close-up.
5. Indoor positioning system by Jibestream have also introduced vision processors which create three-dimensional diagrams of real spaces and project it onto your cloud drive for future reference.
6. Some new startups have also proceeded with pressure sensors which have called so successful that they accurately pinpoint your position in a multistoried super skyscraper with relative ease.
In this way, IPS systems have done a lot to help the users avail simplified and easy-to-use plans for any building that they choose to enter. But there is still a long list of upgrades yet to appear around the corner which can provide a smoother indoor navigation experience to the common populace.